Welcome to the Gatwick Guide
As the UK’s second largest airport, serving over 45 million passengers a year, you’re now part of our Gatwick Family, a diverse group of around 30,000 people that keep us operational every day of the year.
The Gatwick Guide is designed to give you the essential information about working at Gatwick. There is a lot to take in when you first start somewhere, so you may wish to refer back to this guide over the next few months and throughout your time with us – it’s here to help you.
The Guide covers a lot of information to help you in your day-to-day job. It also explains what's expected of you and how every single member of staff help to provide the great experience that our passengers have come to expect at Gatwick Airport.
- Helping passengers is part of your job, no matter what your role. Whenever your airport ID pass is displayed, passengers and airport colleagues will expect professional behaviour and help if they need it.
- The safety of yourself and others is critical. We want you and your colleagues to staff safe at work and have some basic principles that apply to everyone.
- Airport security is our number one priority and we are all responsible for looking out for the security of our airport, our passengers and each other.
Your ID pass
- Our guide provides information about ID passes and pass zones
- Information on the use of your ID pass
- How to prepare for aiside security
- Uses and restrictions for your pass
Other useful information
- Staff travel options and discounts
- Useful phone numbers
- Becoming part of it all
- Jargon buster
- The Airport Community App