Staff forecourt use
Please note: this section contains advice for people working at the airport. Passenger use of our drop-off areas is covered here
Most vehicles will be charged £5 to use these areas for up to 10 minutes, but certain staff exemptions apply:
- For now, Blue Badge holders who work at Gatwick may use short-stay car parks. Permits issued by Gatwick Airport Ltd must be displayed. Passengers with Blue Badges can apply for free access on our website.
- Airport ID pass holders can apply for free drop off and pick up for work. Terms and conditions apply.
- Contractors working on specific projects should apply for free forecourt use at the time they apply for their permit to work. Please get further advice from our Contractor Support Centre on 01293 501439 or email@example.com.
- Operations: You’ll need prior clearance to regularly use the drop off zones if required for your work. Send your vehicle registration(s) and your reason(s) for needing access to DropOffQueries@gatwickairport.com. A decision will be made within seven working days.
- Couriers making airport deliveries need to book a slot with Gatwick Direct to access the service tunnels. Bookings can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01293 502325.
Red routes—no stopping zones—now exist throughout the airport road network. Vehicles recorded stopping, loading or unloading on these red routes may be subject to an enforcement charge.
Only liveried vehicles may enter red routes. This may be required when accessing the following areas:
- South Terminal: Ashdown House, Atlantic House, Station Approach Road or when exiting the coach park
- North Terminal: the car rental area where the exit takes drivers into the lead up to the forecourt. onto a red route.